Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Trail Race In October!!

There’s a new trail race happening on October 25 in Brookline, NH. It’s a 15 mile out and back run along the rail trail between the towns of Brookline and Milford. Since the course is on an old railroad bed it is pretty flat. That means a potential PR for you seasoned trail runners. It’s also a great opportunity for road runners looking to try a trail race. No need to worry about any cruel climbs or getting lost in the deep, dark forest.

As trail races go, this one is unique. What other trail race gives runners the trill of running over two covered bridges and through a 110 foot tunnel? Hey, it's dark in here! Oh, and I almost forgot about the lighthouse. Yeah, you heard me correctly. You can see these sights and other views of the course here.

All proceeds from the race with be used to maintain the trail so do your best to support this cause. For more information and race details go visit my pal Steve’s website. He’s the Race Director and one of the funniest ultra runners I know.

4 comments:

  1. I'd love to do this race, the course looks wonderful...it's a little far for me to drive though...
    You asked about temps this weekend...100 to 103 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds gorgeous. Too bad it's on the other side of the US from me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get you ladies out to the east coast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lighthouse can be a great sell for my family (my son is obsessed with them). The marathon is the week before, so depending on how my legs will feel, I might show up. Ana

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...