Friday, November 19, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours.

And I’m not taking about the weather.

The elation I felt after finishing the Stone Cat marathon was short-lived. Two days later, I injured my neck doing something stupid (I’ll leave it at that) and had a return of the neck pain, muscle tightness and head and facial numbness and tingling I first experienced three years ago when I first injured my neck. It’s the worse pain I’ve had in two years and resulted in a week off from work. I guess every cloud has a silver lining but I can think of better ways to spend a week off from work. I’m feeling slightly better now but still far from well. It looks like I’m facing more down time. So what else is new? On the plus side, this will give me more time to rehab my IT band and the plantar fasciitis that flared up during Stone Cat. I’m not going to let this get me down because I’ve set a lofty running goal for 2011 (more about that in my next post) and I’m not about to give up on it before the new year has even begun. Still, I feel like the deck is stacked against me. Just another obstacle to overcome and I have plenty of experience doing that.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about this, Dan. You've certainly had more than your share. Here is to a healthy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there dan.....hope things settle out for 2011 goals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan,
    I am starting to think that there are quite a few of us out thre who need the lofty goals to really feel alive. You have faced many challenges in terms of injuries this past year. Stone Cat was something you deserved so much. I can't wait to hear of your 2011 goal...that to will come to pass for you...you would have it no other way!!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...