Saturday, June 22, 2013

Chebacco Woods Day Hike

I woke up this morning with no motivation and no real plan for the day so I thought I would check out some of the local trails.   A 30 minute drive north brought me to the trail head at Chebacco (rhymes with tobacco) Woods.  It was very humid and a little buggy which didn't help my motivation one bit.   The layout of the interconnecting trails didn't lend themselves to devising a clearly defined loop so I just started walking and let the trail in front of me determine my way.


 Walking along Round and Gravelly Ponds.

 Easy walking most of the way.

 View of Round Pond.

 A private retreat.

A see-through tree.

It didn't take long for me to get a little bored with this place.  The terrain was too flat and uninteresting for me to truly enjoy it.  I also think because I was walking aimlessly without a defined goal for the day contributed to my boredom.  If I was hiking to reach a specific destination, or trying to cover a fixed number of miles  for the day, I think I would have been more focused.

A short video of the trails in Chebacco Woods.

Don't get me wrong.  Chebacco Woods is certainly a nice place to visit.  My mind just wasn't in the game today.

More photos of the hike can be viewed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...